Courtesy of Lisa Goldstein, Greens Do Good Director of Sales
If you’ve been looking for the perfect latkes to serve at your Hanukkah celebration, or any time of year, we’ve got just the recipe for you. Thank you to Lisa Goldstein, Director of Sales, for sharing her mouth-watering potato pancakes topped with our gorgeous microgreens.
- 3 medium russet or golden yukon potatoes, peeled
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp grated onion
- ½ tsp salt, or more to taste
- ¼ cup peanut oil for frying, or as needed
Step by Step Instructions
- Slice peeled potatoes and run through a food processor with grater attachment. Wring shredded potatoes out in cheesecloth.
- Use 2 cups of drained potatoes and place into a medium bowl. Add egg, flour, onion, and salt, and stir until well combined.
- Heat 1/4 inch of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place large spoonfuls of potato mixture into the hot oil, pressing down on them to form ¼ inch-thick patties. Cook until golden brown and flip and repeat on the other side.
- Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Top with sour cream and any variety of delicious microgreens from Greens Do Good and enjoy!
Makes approx. 12 latkes